Follow these steps to download Austin Public Overdrive eBooks to your Nook:
--> Note that you'll both need an Austin Public Library card, and an account. Follow these links to apply for a youth account and for more help with using Austin Public Library's eBrary.
1. Start on your Nook's Home Screen, make sure you're connected to wifi. Tap Web on the bottom of your Nook's screen to open the browser (circled in red below).
2. Once your browser opens type "Austin Public Library" into the search box.
3. Look for the "Downloadables" link on Austin Public Library's homepage to access their eBrary (it is circled in red below).
4. Click on the link to "Overdrive" eBooks.
5. At this point you can either search for specific eBooks by clicking on the magnifying glass icon, or browse by topic by clicking on the three horizontal lines icon (both are circled below).
6. If you choose to browse, the menu below will appear after you tap the three lines. For this example, we tapped eBooks for "Children's and Teens."
7. Scroll through the eBooks until you see one you'd like to download. If the eBook is available, it will say "Borrow."
8. You'll be prompted to enter your library card and password at this point.
9. You'll see this screen next, tap the blue button "Dowload ePub Book."
10. Tapping "Download" should have opened the Overdrive Media Console app. Tap the book you want to read.
11. Happy Reading!